Saturday, April 25, 2009

How do I start homeschooling?

A reader asks:
"How do I start homeschooling?"

Tami's response:
"Start reading everything you can about homeschooling. There are literally thousands of websites and groups online dedicated to homeschooling. It is a vast arena. One of my favorite sites to begin with is the Homeschool Legal Defense website. They have the laws for each of the 50 United States. And they keep up with ongoing litigation in each state.

Check to see what books your local library has on the topic of homeschooling. I sell a book on my website that is called, Homeschooling Methods. It gives a brief synopsis of many different ways you can homeschool successfully.

Talk to your spouse throughout this process. Without both parents on board, you cannot start homeschooling.

Talk to your friends and family. Most likely you will be able to talk to at least on person who knows someone who homeschools.

Ask questions. I welcome questions about homeschooling. That is the whole reason why I started this blog.

Until next time, Tami

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home