Saturday, April 25, 2009

What about standardized testing?

A reader asks:
"What about standardized testing?"

Tami's response:
"All homeschool parents want the best for their children. Some states require annual standardized testing. Some states do not have this requirement, so some parents just opt to do the standardized testing to see what their child(ren) know. We have used the 1970 version of the California Achievement Test for many years. And it is a good test for a student who can read and follow directions independently. For a child with special needs, I would recommend a test such as the Woodcock-Johnson that is administered by a person trained to perform that assessment. I order my CAT test from Christian Liberty Press each year, and I have been pleased with their services. They are easy to work with, and they get the materials to you quickly. As a homeschool teacher, I am well aware of my students' best subjects and weak areas. But this test does give me a gauge to see how they are progressing from year to year."

Until next time, Tami

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home